If you have an indoor garden, you’re probably looking for a device that can optimize your plant’s growth.
The answer to your needs would be a Grow tent heater.
A heater can come in handy in this situation. It will help to keep the room heated and create a favorable environment.
Selection of the Best Heaters for Grow Tent
Heater for Grow Tent Buyer’s Guide
There are certain things you have to keep in mind when looking for a grow tent heater.
The job of the heater is to keep the grow room or grow tent warm at a regulated temperature, with the least amount of energy input. A heater with a considerable power input would cost heavily on your pocket and make it a liability for you.
The second thing would be to determine how the grow tent heater generates and controls heat. It can use a rotating fan or circulating air system, which directly impacts the growth of your plants.
One of the other essential factors that you should consider is the size of your grow room. Good quality grow tent heaters can distribute the heat equally around the room for better results. The best way to assess this is by checking the heating capacity of the grow tent heater.
Last but not least, you have to check the capability of the thermostat on the grow tent heater. Product Manufacturers usually keep this factor while manufacturing their heaters, and provide an option to regulate the temperature on the device digitally.
According to our research, these would be your top choices if you’re looking for a good grow tent heater.
Grow Room Heaters Reviews:
1. Lasko 754200 Ceramic Portable Space Heater
The Lasko 754200 features a lovely design in silver color and a manual mode with built-in safety features. The heater comes with an option for high and low heat settings. It has a setting for heat regulation on the fan mode, allowing you to regulate the heat settings for your grow room.
- 3 Quiet Settings help you choose between the options of low heat, high heat, and fan only. It is the best grow heater for small, confined rooms.
- The adjustable thermostat on the Lasko 754200 heater allows you to adjust the temperatures, with an option to choose between 11 different temperature settings.
- The carrying handle makes it easier to move the heater around. It helps in shifting it from one place to another. It can cover an area of about 300 sq. ft.
- Lasko compact heater would ensure that the heater does not overheat your space even if it’s left unattended for more extended periods.
- The other safety feature it carries is that the body of the heater remains cool even when it’s in high heating mode.
- Lasko heater comes already assembled, plug it into the wall outlet, select your desired temperature and thermostat settings, and you’re on your way.
2. Vornado MVH Vortex Heater
The MVH Vortex Heater is the best heater for grow room if you’re looking to cut down on electricity bills. This heater comes in with Vortex technology. It heats your room more quickly without any disturbance in the best effective manner.
It’s equipped with three heat settings and an adjustable thermostat for better heat control and the latest safety features.
- Vortex MVH heater would heat the air in your room efficiently, without making use of intense heat. It uses an air circulation system and is suitable for small to medium-sized rooms.
- The latest safety features on the MVH Vortex Heater come with a cool-touch body, automatic shutdown, and tip-over protection.
- It comes with three heat settings. The low, medium and high heat settings help you adjust it from 750W to 1500W to get suitable results and maintain the power usage.
- The MVH Vortex heater comes with an internal thermostat featuring seven settings that automatically heats or shuts down to maintain a suitable temperature.
- In addition to this, it comes with a 5-year warranty and customer support.
3. Bio Green Palma Basic Electric Fan Heater
The Palma Biogreen Heater would be the best heater for a grow tent, covering an area of 120 sq ft. It comes with a solid stainless steel body and is even splash-proof. Other than a greenhouse kit, it can be used in garages, basements, and even warehouses.
The Bio Green PAL 2.0/US can be used in a humid environment and is highly energy efficient.
- This is the best grow heater for greenhouses. The high-performance fan prevents mold formation on plants.
- It can heat a greenhouse, or a grow room up to 120 sq ft.
- The heater’s exterior is made of stainless steel which makes it rust-resistant.
- It can generate up to 1.5KW of heating power and can circulate it around at a rate of 163 cubic meters per hour.
- It has an option to obtain temperatures below 0° Celsius by adding a digital thermostat, making it possible to grow plants that need colder temperatures.
4. Lasko Designer Series Ceramic Space Heater
As the name suggests, the Lasko designer series ceramic space heater comes with an aesthetic design that you’d love. The thermostat adjustment function, timer, and remote control make it even more convenient to use.
- An adjustable thermostat lets you select temperatures ranging from 60f° to 85f°. There is also an option to provide maximum heat with maximum warmth.
- A timer can be adjusted from one to seven hours. It can also be set to heat at one-hour intervals with the help of a digital control panel.
- The portable size makes it possible to move it and locate it at a favorable spot.
- It protects against overheating by automatically shutting down even if left switched on for long hours. Its cool body makes it easy to touch the exterior even after extended use.
5. De’Longhi Oil-Filled Radiator Space Heater
The De’Longhi ComforTemp portable oil-filled radiator works efficiently and does not let you worry about your electricity bills. It automatically regulates the room temperature, just at the push of the ComforTemp button for the best energy savings.
- It only heats the room where you’re present, saving a lot of energy.
- An automatic shutdown safety feature prevents overheating. It is safe to use with pets and children around.
- It has a maintenance-free oil system that is permanently sealed, so you do not have to refill it.
- The adjustable thermostat and various heat settings minimize energy consumption and reduce substantial energy bills. It has multiple heating options ranging from 700W to 1500W.
6. Mr. Heater Portable RV Propane Heater
The F274830 MH18BRV is indeed one big grow heater for large grow areas. You can use it for both indoor and outdoor growing areas, covering an area of up to 450 sq feet.
It features a liquid propane system with two cylinders. It comes with a fan that optimizes the heating range, making use of both radiant and convection styles to give you the best result.
- The high, medium, and low heating options help keep the temperature steady.
- It can detect low oxygen levels and automatically shut down with the help of an ODS system.
- The heater may shut off if you are operating it at an altitude of 7000ft above sea level.
- However, you should not use any unauthorized attachments with this heater, as it may cause serious injury.
Wrapping-Up with the Best Grow Tent Heaters
The output you need would certainly be dependent on what type of grow tent heater you choose.
Your plants will be at high risk if you make the wrong decision while choosing the growing tent heater.
The best thing to do is buy the best growing heaters available in the market with excellent heating mechanisms with low power input.