Wasn’t having those sinful chocolate oozing warm brownies enough of a wonder? No, this is when we went and added weed in it to make us high with not only chocolate!
Cannabis brownies are a delicacy famous among weed consumers. It is one delectable way of consuming weed, making brownies, and storing them for later use.
You can always make them from scratch, or when not sure, you can use a brownie mix. But today, we are giving you extra courage to go and try some of these tried and tested successful pot brownies recipes.
Before you take all your ingredients out, some important considerations, tips, and tricks to make those perfect weed brownies for you.
How to Make Weed Brownies
There are various recipes that you can try and develop the best pot brownie recipe for yourself. We will share some famous ones for you to try.
Some recipes take their sweet time, while some are easy pot brownie recipes to make when running late.
The only problem with brownies is that you may end up munching on that chocolate goodness. And end up taking more than the required levels of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
So be careful in the weed amount you are adding to the brownie mix. If you are making marijuana brownies for the first time, our suggestion is to go easy.
You may be worried about how much weed to add. Hence safe bet is for the first batch to add little quantities and learn your way to your required levels.
Since cannabis reacts differently for every individual, start by using half a gram of bud from marijuana in a 20-gram brownie.
Also, avoid the urge of smoking weed while baking or munching on the first block of baked goody.
How to Decarboxylate the Weed
When consumed in food, a regular weed may be weak at first and take a lot of time to start showing its effects, or in general, lacks luster.
It is smart to decarboxylate the weed. Here you got 2 ways to decarboxylate the weed at home.
1. Decarboxylate in an Oven
All you need is a baking tray, a baking sheet, and some cannabis flowers.
First, preheat the oven and scrunch the baking sheet. Now spread the scrunched sheet again on the baking tray. The trick is to minimize the contact of the heated tray with the paper.
Now crush the flowers into the size of grains and spread them on the parchment. Place it in the heated oven for approximately 45 minutes at 225oF.
After taking it out of the oven, let it cool for an approximate half-hour. The flower will be golden brown and roasted. Place them in a jar or container for later use. You can always decarboxylate big batches for later use.
2. Decarboxylate in an Sous Vide
It is one of the amazing methods to decarboxylate weed without worrying about the smell or messing it up by burning.
After crushing the flower, place them in a zip-lock bag and seal them. Now fill up the tub with hot water and immerse the circulator in the tub.
First, set the immersion circulator at 203oF. Insert the carefully sealed bag into the water bath and leave it in for 90 minutes.
The best thing about this method is that aroma and terpenes are also locked in the bag, otherwise released in oven bake.
After 90 minutes, remove the bag and pat it dry with a towel. Let it cool for twenty minutes before pouring the contents into a sealed jar.
How to Make Cannabutter
Cannabis-infused butter, also known as Cannabutter, is an easy delicacy that can be used in your daily diet. The method is extremely simple and only takes little patience.
If you are new to the regime, we recommend making a smaller batch on the first try. And if you are an expert in making cannabutter, you can always make big batches and save time.
First, you need one cup of butter, water, and 7-10 grams of decarboxylated cannabis. In a stock, pan adds butter and let it melt.
Now add some water to avoid butter sticking to the bottom of the pot. After adding decarboxylated weed, keep the heat between 160-200 ºF. Rest is watching and occasional stirring for 2-3 hours.
Remove the pot from heat and let it cool a little. Now put cheesecloth on the desired jar and strain the butter. For a more clean transition, add a funnel, then put cheesecloth to avoid making a mess.
Don’t squeeze cheesecloth after poring because the residual plant will not add a good taste to the butter. Finally, set it in the fridge and use it as you need.
But definitely, the best way to make weed butter is by using a cannabutter machine.
Double Chocolate Pot Brownies Recipe
In this cannabis brownie recipe, you get a double dose of chocolate. Using cannabis flowers infused in butter elevates the taste of the brownies.
Having your fix of marijuana in baked goods is perfection. While patients also keep these baked goods for convivence.
Prep time: 3 hours
Cook Time: 2 hours
Quantity: Makes 16 Brownies containing 8-10 mg THC in each brownie.
For Cannabis Butter
- 1 gram of cannabis flowers
- 113 grams (1 cup) of unsalted butter
For Pot Brownies
- 21 grams (1/4 cup) cocoa powder; set a little more aside to sprinkle on the pan
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) Chopped Dark Chocolate
- Cannabutter (as made above)
- 2 large eggs
- 250 grams (1 1/4 cups) of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extracts
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 90 grams (3/4 cup) of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 57 grams (1/2 cup) of toasted and chopped nuts (optional)
- First, make Cannabutter.
- Now butter an 8×8 inch pan and dust with cocoa left aside earlier.
- Next, melt the dark chocolate and cannabis butter together in a microwave.
- Add sugar, vanilla, salt, and molasses. Now mix eggs, one after the other, and mix well for five minutes.
- Add sifted cocoa powder and flour to the mixture and start combining. Mix until you stop seeing the flour in the mixture.
- This is the time to add nuts if you plan to use them.
- Preheat the oven to 350 ºF (177 ºC). Pour the batter into an already greased pan and place it in the middle of the oven to get even heat.
- Bake for almost 25-30 minutes and watch for the crack to form in the glossy top. Do a quick toothpick test to ensure it’s done.
- Place it on a rack to cool. Cut when cool and store them in an airtight container to consume for up to a week.
- You can add frosting or reheat it in the microwave before eating.
These Edible Weed brownies are our all-time preference for a few notable reasons. They always taste heavenly, with the right amount of fudge.
The inclusion of cannabis butter elevates the taste profile to another level. The addition of molasses adds a slightly caramelized accent to it.
Cannabutter can be stored in the fridge for up to two weeks in an airtight container.
Since each brownie contains up to 8-10 mg of THC, we suggest giving it good 90 minutes to show the effect.
You can also make a batch with half quantities, more like a test batch, to check your tolerance.
5 Minute Brownie Mix
Making weed brownies with this recipe saves a lot of prep time, while your marijuana edibles are ready in no time.
It takes no less than five minutes to mix the ingredients and prep them to bake. If you are looking for healthy alternatives, you can use brown sugar instead of white sugar.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Quantity: Serves eight people
Isn’t this the best news ever? Not only you can make them super fast, but they are also delish cannabis edibles ready to consume in no time.
It takes hardly five minutes to mix it up and throw the pan in a preheated oven. This instant pot brownies recipe serves eight people.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 100 grams
- 200 grams of baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 grams of marijuana (diving between 8 people, each consumes 0.5 grams)
- Since the mixture will not take more than five minutes, we will put the oven preheated at 120 ºC
- In a slightly heated pan, add butter to melt. Now add chocolate as it melts, little by little, until butter and chocolate are one happy concoction.
- If you are good at multi-tasking, take a big bowl and add mixed eggs, sugar, and flour. Since it’s a quick mix recipe, use a mixer to work the mixture into no lumps in no time.
- Now it’s time to add Marijuana and melted chocolate concoction and mix.
- In a baking pan, put parchment paper and pour the mixture in.
- In an already heated oven, put the baking tray and let it sit for 50 minutes to an hour. Do a quick toothpick test to rule out discrepancies.
- When cooled, store them in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
It takes almost 45 minutes to an hour for edible cannabis to digest and starts showing its effect. We recommend controlling the urge of smoking joints while baking.
Also, mixing alcohol while waiting for marijuana to show its effect is not a good idea either.
Classic Mint and Weed Brownie Recipe
A slight twist and addition of mint and pecans make this delicious batch of cannabis brownies. You can also top it with some chocolate chips and change the game of these homemade edibles.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Quantity: Serves 8 people
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups coconut sugar
- 1/8 ounce finely ground cannabis trim
- 4 ounces of unsweetened chocolate
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 mint leaves, minced
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C)
- According to the quantities, take a 9×13″ baking tray and prep it with cooking spray.
- Melt the chocolate on the stove or oven in a mixing bowl.
- Now add cannabis butter to melted chocolate. Add coconut sugar, salt and vanilla, and combine well.
- Mix eggs one at a time and mix.
- Now sift the flour. Add flour, pecan, and mint to the wet ingredients mix. Now carefully pour the batter into the prepped baking tray.
- Place it in the middle of the oven and leave it to bake for 30 minutes approximately.
- Rest the baked brownie on a wire rack and set it aside.
- Crush some pecans to sprinkle on top (optional).
- After an hour, place them in a zip lock bag or airtight container to refrigerate and use for up to a week.
Always use decarboxylated cannabis to get the best potential out of the flower. Be careful when consuming edible weed or trying a new strain.
It may seem that cannabis brownies do not affect you. Wait for the effects to show for good ninety minutes.
Since this particular recipe has pecans and mint, a scoop of vanilla ice cream will complete this batch of weed brownies. If you like the dominating taste of mint, go low on vanilla extract.
Cannabis Brownies with Sea Salt
It is of the famous pot brownie recipe with a hint of sea salt giving it a bittersweet chocolate taste.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Quantity: Serves 8 people
- 1/2 cup regular butter or cannabis butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar or cannabis sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 1/8 flaked sea salt
- 2 tablespoons crushed walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven, setting at 350° F.
- Take an 8×8″ baking tray, grease it with regular butter, and set it aside.
- Sift flour and cocoa powder to avoid getting any lumps.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, take dry ingredients (flour, salt, cocoa, and baking powder) and set them aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream cannabis butter, and white and brown sugar with a hand mixer.
- It’s time to add eggs, vanilla, and creamed sugar. Mix it all well until combined.
- Now add all dry ingredients at low speed until you cannot see the flour.
- Pour the brownie mix into the greased pan. Lightly tap the pan on the countertop to release bubbles and even it out.
- Sprinkle sea salt and place the baking pan into the oven.
- Let it bake for good thirty minutes until you see a slight crack forming.
- Leave the brownies to cool on the rack for about an hour.
All expert chefs recommend leveling the cup of flour to have consistency in the ingredients. Eyeballing is not for baking.
To make fudgier brownies take half a cup of flour instead of three-fourths.
If you are looking for a fudgier weed brownie, the tooth shouldn’t come out super clean in a toothpick test. However, traces of wet batter means more baking time.
Can I use the brownie mix instead?
Yes, it is always doable. Mostly, a box mix requires adding eggs and oil to dry ingredients. You can use Cannabis oil instead of vegetable oil.
How much cannabis should I add to the mix?
It is important to know the potency of the strain you use. Depending on strength, as a general rule of thumb, use one ounce of plant matter in sixteen ounces of oil.
How long do weed brownies last?
Just like a normal brownie, they also last up to a week when stored in a fridge in an airtight container.
Is it safe for my dog?
Animals consume cannabis in safe quantities after discussing it with the vet. If consumed in small quantities, it will not cause any harm.
How long does it take to get high from edible cannabis?
It hits every person differently. If added in modest quantities, give it 40-60 minutes to take effect.
Wrapping Up with the Cannabis Brownies
Brownies make excellent munchies. We recommend making a batch of regular brownies too. In that way, you will be on the safe side from uncontrollable urges.
Each recipe calls for similar ingredients with a little change. Remember to share some with your friends.