For centuries people have used cannabis in different ways, but today we tend to consider marijuana use as some sort of a recreational activity only. Sure, medical use of marijuana has become increasingly prevalent lately, but this plant can do so much more. In this post, we discuss the amazing potential of cannabis to improve your lifestyle. You’ll be surprised!
Health Benefits of Cannabis
Cannabis has a tremendous health potential thanks to more than 100 cannabinoids, active compounds, of which THC and CBD are the most powerful. As you already know, THC is the psychoactive ingredient and is responsible for that “high” you feel when smoking pot. On the other hand, CBD is not psychoactive, and it is widely used for medicinal purposes.
Medical marijuana has a number of health benefits, and some of them are:
- Chronic pain relief
- Glaucoma treatment
- Epilepsy management
- Cancer prevention
- Arthritis and joint pain relief
- Aids anxiety and depression management
- Eases pain associated with multiple sclerosis
- Exhibits anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects
- Brain health
Cannabis Use Over the Years
Cannabis has been around for thousands of years, and during this time people used it differently. Before we discuss different ways cannabis can improve your lifestyle, it is essential to address how the use of this plant changed over the years.
For example, ancient Egyptians used cannabis to alleviate pain and inflammation caused by injuries and diseases. They also used the plant to manage psychological problems. In India, cannabis seeds, flower, and buds were used to make ‘bhang’, a drink that warriors drank prior to battles. The plant also has a special place in traditional Chinese medicine where it was used as an anesthetic, among other purposes. Also, Chinese realized that oil from seeds of cannabis could be used for medicinal purposes too. Greeks and Romans used marijuana to treat wounded horses.
Throughout the history, cannabis was used in different ways. It was used as food, fabric for clothes and ropes, but people also made tea, perform spiritual rituals, smoke hashish. Cannabis was also used for the production of paper, maritime industry, as a migraine treatment, and so much more. Today, it is used for both recreational and medicinal purposes.
How Can Cannabis Improve your Lifestyle
Marijuana seeds and, pretty much, every part of cannabis can help you improve your quality of life. Unfortunately, most people aren’t aware of that mainly because despite centuries-long history this plant is still widely misunderstood. Below, you can see different ways this beautiful plant can improve your life:
- Becoming more resourceful – cannabis use isn’t as simple as people think if you want to get the most out of it. You need to get informed about different strains, different indoor seeds, dispensaries, quality of marijuana itself, CBD, depending on the reason you want to use this plant. This requires a lot of research- meaning you need to become resourceful and you can easily transfer this skill to other aspects of your life.
- Happier – marijuana helps flood your brain with feel-good chemicals that lift up your mood and make you stress-free and happy. In a hectic world, we do deserve a little bit of happiness and relaxation.
- Mindful – marijuana use is strongly related to mindfulness, the ability to tolerate and cope with the present situation without needing to do something to change it. This is particularly useful for people whose temper escalates whenever something bothers them.
- Faster metabolism – a significant benefit of marijuana is that it has a positive impact on your metabolism and, as you already know, successful weight management requires fast metabolic rate.
- Getting in touch with your feelings – marijuana use makes you more comfortable around other people, and you also become more aware of your feelings. Both these qualities are essential for better quality of life.
- Priorities – we’re always in a rush to do something, but commitments keep piling on. Marijuana allows you to sort your priorities and focus on what really matters. That way you don’t overthink everything.
- Social butterfly – marijuana can bring you closer to your friends and improve your social skills.
Besides the benefits mentioned above of cannabis for a better quality of life, let’s not forget it can keep you healthier too. For example, cancer and smoking rates are high today, and cannabis can reverse the carcinogenic effects of tobacco and improve your lung health. THC can, actually, slow progression of Alzheimer’s disease and keep your brain young.
As seen through this post the use of marijuana has changed over the years. New trends keep emerging, and it’s useful to keep up with them in order to get the maximum from this plant. Some brand new trends you can expect to include classier concentrates, more CBD-containing products, cannabis implemented in law, journalism, and business, artisan products with marijuana, the rise of luxury cannabis products, and so much more.
Cannabis has a wonderful potential to improve your lifestyle in ways more than one. Not only does it improve your health and wellbeing, but it can also help you with other factors that play an important role in the quality of life.
Keeping up to date with cannabis trends is important so follow us for regular updates.