Top 6 Trichome Microscope Reviews | Best Magnifier for Trichomes
Are you a newbie weed grower that wants the best yield? For the highest quality weed, you must harvest it at the right time, neither late nor early.
One way of ensuring the right time to harvest marijuana is by analyzing the trichomes. Trichomes, also called resin glands, are tiny hair-like structures present on the epidermis of marijuana plants. You can determine from their milky color that the marijuana plant is ready to be harvested.
Only the best microscope for trichomes can help you examine the color of trichomes which you can’t with the naked eye. Moreover, a close look at the trichomes with a magnifying glass or a microscope can help you determine any impurities that could harm the cannabis plant’s quality.
But how can you choose the best magnifier for trichomes?
- Selection of the Best Microscopes for Trichomes
- Best Magnifier for Trichomes [Reviewed]
- Carson MicroBrite Plus 60x-120x LED Lighted Zoom
- Hydrofarm Active Eye AEM100 Magnification Microscope
- Carson MicroBrite 20x-40x Pocket Microscope
- AFUNTA 30X 60X 90X Slide Out Pocket Magnifying Glass with UV LED Light
- VIVOSUN 30X-60X Jewelers Loupe Magnifier With LED Light
- Gro1 LED Binocular Microscope 60x
- Wrapping Up with the Best Trichomes Magnifier
This article will review some of the best magnifiers for trichomes. Moreover, you’ll know what makes them stand out from others.
Selection of the Best Microscopes for Trichomes
|AFUNTA UV LED|
30X 60X 90X
with LED Light
Best Magnifier for Trichomes [Reviewed]
The importance of an efficient microscope for the timely harvesting of marijuana plants is huge. Plus to save your time and money, you must invest in the best microscope for trichomes.
Here are the top microscopes and magnifying glasses for viewing trichomes.
Carson MicroBrite Plus 60x-120x LED Lighted Zoom
Carson has a long-standing reputation in the magnifying tool industry, offering a wide variety of microscopes, telescopes, magnifying glasses, and much more. The MircroBriter pocket microscope is one of the brand’s most efficient products for cannabis growers.
Having an aspheric lens, the magnification range of the microscope is 60x – 120x. Therefore, you can enjoy both a 60x and a 120x magnifying glass in single microscope. In addition, the aspheric lens displays a clearer, sharper, and distortion-free picture.
Overall, the impressive magnification power of the Carson pocket microscope is suitable for closely viewing and analyzing the trichome color at various growth stages of the marijuana plant. Ideally, you should put the leave on a flat surface and then view it under the microscope.
Apart from a high magnifying glass, the microscope also comes with LED lights. These lights further help improve the picture quality and make it more precise. You can turn them on while using the microscope. Moreover, the LED lights get energy from an AA battery that you have to buy separately.
The overall size of the microscope is compact and portable. Hence, you can move it around easily. In addition, if you prefer magnifying glasses over loupe, this device is best suited for you.
- Impressive 60x-120 trichome magnifying glass
- Pocket microscope with a compact size
- High quality aspheric lens system
- LED lights
- AA Battery-powered lights
- This magnification device is pretty economical
- It has a portable size and is easy to operate
- The pocket microscope offers 60x-120x powerful magnifying glass
- It has an aspheric lens that makes the image more sharp and tidy
- The lights increase the image quality
- The AA batteries do not come with the whole equipment
- The device does not offer any camera or recording function
Hydrofarm Active Eye AEM100 Magnification Microscope
On number two, we have another remarkable and exciting product known widely to the cannabis community. Since it is an active eye microscope, you can easily inspect and view trichomes on the cannabis plant.
Moreover, it has a 40x magnification that allows you to detect pests, diseases, and plant species. Therefore, the device is a one-stop solution for all your problems concerning marijuana plants and pests.
The device comes with a LED bulb that illuminates the image and gives you a more focused picture. Also, the AA batteries are included in the package.
Overall, the microscope is lightweight and has a compact size. In addition, the brand gives you a case for keeping the product in.
- 40x high magnifying glass
- LED lights for Focused and illuminated image
- AA batteries to power lights
- Storage case
- The high-resolution magnifying glass offers active eye magnification
- LED lights help clear the image and make it more focused
- The microscope is lightweight which can be easily taken anywhere
- The device works effectively only on a flat surface
- The overall build quality is not satisfactory
Carson MicroBrite 20x-40x Pocket Microscope
Another reliable device from Carson, this pocket microscope has all the essential features for inspecting trichomes on weed plants. Like the plus 60x-120x Carson Microbrite microscope, the Carson 20x-40x microscope also produces a detailed and focused image.
The primary difference between the two handheld magnifiers by Carson is their magnification scope. This one has a bit lower magnifying capability than the other one with 20x minimum and 40x maximum.
Overall, the package includes the microscope itself, two plastic specimen slides, and an AA battery that powers lighting. To properly view the leaf, you have to place it on a flat surface.
Moreover, the LED light illuminates the specimen image and makes it easier to observe. However, you have to continuously press the light button to keep them on. This may be a bit of a nuisance for many.
An aspheric lens system is also installed in the device, which helps eliminate distortion from the image and keep it sharp. However, you may feel some blurriness when zooming all the way in or zooming out.
The whole size and weight of the product are compact and light. Hence, it is one of the pocket microscopes that you can move around effortlessly. Conveniently, the brand also offers a limited lifetime warranty with this LED-lighted product.
- Adjustable 20x to 40x trichome magnifier
- High-quality aspheric lens
- LED lights
- Portable size
- The LED lighting system gives you a clearer, blur-free, and illuminated image
- The magnifying range of the microscope is high
- You can easily take the device with you anywhere
- The microscope does not focus immediately
- The light button needs to be pressed constantly
- It does not support a camera phone
AFUNTA 30X 60X 90X Slide Out Pocket Magnifying Glass with UV LED Light
A best magnifying glass for trichomes, this jewelry loupe is a must-have item in marijuana growers’ gardening tools. The brand offers these trichome magnifying glasses for both newbie marijuana growers and professionals.
Overall, the device consists of a scratch-proof acrylic lens and is moderately priced. Moreover, its moderate weight and portable composition make it easy to move.
The glass has three different magnifications, including 30x, 60x, and 90x. Hence, you can easily switch between them and set the range according to the distance between the subject and the magnifying glass.
In addition, the high magnifying power gives you a more precise and closer look at the trichomes and buds.
The device also has a built-in automatic lighting system, a feature that gives it an edge over other magnifiers and growing tools. 2 lights are ideal for low-light conditions with eco-friendly and energy-efficient features. However, it also has one UV LED light for added benefits for a grower.
Furthermore, the magnifier is foldable and can also fit in a pocket. Therefore, you can easily take it to the marijuana plant and observe it.
- Automatic LED lighting system
- multiple magnification options
- Foldable design
- Portable device
- The acrylic lenses are scratch-resistant
- The lights turn on as soon as you open the magnifier
- An LR44 model battery comes already included in the device
- The magnifier is easy to use
- It may fall open, and the battery might get damaged
- You may get distortion around the edges of the lens
- Some growers may find it pricey
VIVOSUN 30X-60X Jewelers Loupe Magnifier With LED Light
Another best magnifying glass for trichomes, next, we have a powerful jeweler’s loupe that many marijuana enthusiasts drool over. Excitingly, since these loupes come in pairs, you get to at once.
These loupes have strong magnification ranges of 30x,60x, and 90x. Moreover, each loupe has two lenses. The primary lens has a 30x magnification power, while the secondary lens can magnify up to 60 times. Therefore, you can view a thing with a lens according to your needs.
Moreover, the exceptional quality lenses allow you to closely analyze the buds and trichomes on the cannabis plants and see if there are ready to be harvested. Moreover, you can also inspect for potential pests or diseases that may attack the plants.
The bright LED lights in the loupe light up the image so you can look at things clearly. These lights run on batteries which are easy to change with the help of a key accompanying the product.
The package also includes a wiping cloth and a box to store and keep the device clean. In addition, the loupe has a durable structure. Also, it is foldable, so you can easily keep it in your pocket and take it around with you.
- Dual lenses
- 60x and 60x magnification power
- Already-installed lights
- Foldable build
- Storage case
- Key for replacing batteries
- The product is durable and has a lightweight
- LED lighting makes viewing trichomes efficient
- The dual lenses with different magnifying range help you inspect trichomes according to your needs
- It has an auto light shut off feature
- The loupe has one year of warranty
- It is portable
- The image of a thing may seem blurry around the corners
Gro1 LED Binocular Microscope 60x
One of the best microscopes for checking trichomes, the Gro1 microscope, is made to check trichomes on the marijuana plant. By and large, it is one of the magnification devices that are ideal for hydroponic use.
The microscope is a must-have for marijuana growers. It comes with 2 LED lights that immensely enhance and clear the image for you. Moreover, 3 pre-installed LR1130 batteries are also present that makes the device ready to use right away.
The 60x zoom feature of the microscope allows you to get closer and a detailed look at the amber trichomes. In addition, with the high magnifying power of the device, you can easily look at anything in the marijuana plant.
The overall structure of this best microscope for checking trichomes is durable and sturdy. The body is made of brass that adds an extra corrosion-free feature to it.
Furthermore, a safe and top-quality pouch also comes with the product to store the microscope.
- 60x magnification power
- Dual LED lights
- Brass body
- Durable carry box
- 3 LR1130 batteries
- The high magnifying ability helps you analyze the trichomes closely
- 2 LED lights illuminate the image
- 3 Batteries are already installed, so you don’t have to buy them separately
- The microscope has a portable size
- The brass body does not let the corrosion catch the device
- Magnification power may be low for some growers
- Sometimes you may face problems with image focusing
- It isn’t ideal for large scale use
What Magnification Do You Need To See Trichomes on Marijuana Plants?
By and large, there is no standard magnification that would work for everyone. However, the ideal magnification range for viewing trichomes is between 30x to 60x.
Since trichomes are extremely tiny, the naked eye can not efficiently analyze them.
What Kind of Marijuana Microscope Do You Need To See Trichomes?
There are different microscopes with different features and magnifying powers. For instance, you have a hand-held microscope, jeweler’s loupe, digital microscope, and USB microscope.
Typically, a digital microscope has high magnifying power, even up to 500x. Ideally, you should use it for inspecting the trichomes.
Although you may find a digital microscope a bit costly, spending on cheap microscopes isn’t the best option.
However, make sure that the microscope has at least 40x magnification. Also, choose a device that comes with a built-in lighting system.
What can I use to see Trichomes?
Since trichomes aren’t visible to the naked eye, you need dedicated equipment to view and inspect them. Generally, you can use magnifying glasses, microscopes, and jeweler’s loupes to see trichomes on the marijuana plant.
However, make sure that the tool you are using has high magnifying power.
Wrapping Up with the Best Trichomes Magnifier
To avoid your untiring efforts from going to waste, you must harvest the marijuana plants at the right time. Therefore, you must keep a check on the trichomes regularly. One way to do that is to get yourself high-quality magnification equipment.
The guide above details the best and budget-friendly microscopes and magnifying glasses. You can choose one of them to inspect your marijuana plants closely to harvest them timely.